1st ANNUAL CAMDEN COMMUNITY
WHEN: Wednesday, August 27, 2014
WHERE: The Camden Promise Annual Block Party
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the Camden Community of Minneapolis, MN (12 years or older), except food professionals. This includes individuals who currently attend, have attended or who are graduates of an accredited culinary program or who are employed as chefs, food writers, or food home economists who create recipes for pay.
JUDGING: Celebrity judging panel will be announced at the event.
All entries will be judged on four categories:
Taste (1 – 20 points)
Creativity ( 1 – 15 points)
Visual appeal (1 - 10 points)
Aroma (1 – 5 points)
All category points will be added to determine top three finalists. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the taste category will
determine the winner.
PRIZES: Complete list of prizes will be available at the event. Current prizes include:
1. Cornbread must contain cornbread.
2. Cornbread must be made from scratch (no mixes).
3. Cornbread must be prepared and served in a sanitary manner.
4. Cornbread may be distributed to the public only after the judges have tasted the selection.
5. Limited to the first 20 entries, minimum of 5 entries.
6. Competition is open to anyone 12 years or older.
7. Cornbread may not include alcohol as an ingredient.
8. Creativity in your recipes is encouraged.
9. This Championship involves sampling by judges and event attendees.
Participants must provide an ingredient list for each recipe to avoid potential food allergy problems. No ingredient list will be given out unless you would like to share. Anyone preparing or serving harmful ingredients will be held liable.
10. Contestants are encouraged to reserve a spot in advance of the day of the competition. Contest is limited to the first 20 entries.
11. In the event of a dispute, the ruling of The Camden Promise Executive Director will represent the final decision.